- The administrative district of Mungyeong City is located in the central mountain area in the southeast of Korea and the northwest interior of Gyeongsangbuk-do. It shares a border with Yecheon-gun to the east, Sangju-gun to the south, Goesan-gun of Chungcheongbuk-do to the west, and Jecheon, Chungju City and Danyang-gun of Chungcheongbuk-do to the north.
- Distance From Neighboring Cities
Distance from neighboring cities City Sangju Andong Gumi Gyeongju Pohang Daegu Chungju Seoul Busan Km from Mungyeong 22.0 60.1 68.3 196.8 207.4 122.4 64.5 197.0 250.0
- Geographical location of Mungyeong City
- Eastern sector: Maebong, Seokhang-ri, Dongro-myeon; 128 degrees, 22 minutes eastern longitude. Shares a boundary with Myeongbong-ri, Sangri-myeon, and Yecheon-gun.
- Western sector: Wanjang-ri, Gaeun-eup; 127 degrees, 52 minutes eastern longitude. Shares a boundary with Ipyeong-ri, Cheongcheon-myeon, Goesan-gun, and Gyeongsangbuk-do.
- Northern sector: Naeseo-ri, Nongam-myeon; 36 degrees, 31 minutes northern latitude. Shares a boundary with Daejeon-ri, Waeseo-myeon, and Sangju City.
- Southern sector: Myeongjeon-ri, Dongro-myeon; 36 degrees, 52 minutes northern latitude. Shares a boundary with Dogi-ri, Deoksan-myeon, Jecheon City, and Gyeongsangbuk-do.
- Korean areas sharing similar lattitudes include Hongseong, Jochiweon, Cheongju, Andong, Yeongyang, Hupo and others. Korean areas sharing similar longitudes include Hamgyeongnam-do Hyesan, Sinpo, Gangwon-do Inje, Chungcheonbuk-do Jecheon, Gyeonsangbuk-do Sangju, Gyeonsangnam-do Hapcheon, Jinju and Sacheon.
- Global cities sharing similar lattitudes include Málaga (Spain), Algiers (Algeria), Tunis (Tunisia), Malta, Tehran (Iran), Qingdao (China), Lanzhou (China), Nagano (Japan) Hitachi (Japan), Las Vegas (USA), Nashville (USA), Portsmouth (USA) and others. Global cities sharing similar longitudes include Bulun (Russia), Blagoveschensk (Russia), Mudanjiang (China), East Timor (Indonesia), Forrest (Australia) and others.
- Geographical Location
Location on longitude and latitude Administrative District Location on longitude and latitude Distance Total
Si(City) Far east Far west Far south Far north North-South East-West Gyeongsangbuk-do Mungyeong 128°22′42 E Seokhang-ri,Dongro-myeon 127°52′48 E Wanjang-ri,Gaeun-eup 36°31′40 N Naeseo-ri,Nongam-myeon 36°52′10 N Myeongjeon-ri,Dongro-myeon 37.083km 39.583km 912㎢
- As it is located in the northwest Youngnam region and surrounded by arc-shaped mountains, it has a basin type mountain climate with typical geographical effects.
- The average temperature in recent years was between 10.9℃ in 1993 and 12.5℃ in 1994. This indicates that the termperature only fluctuates slightly annually.
- The average annual rainfall of Mungyeong City for several years has been 1,319.6㎜, so it is a pluvial region. The greatest rainfall was 1,847.4㎜ in 1998 and the least rainfall was 857.8㎜ in 1994. Location on longitude and latitude Distance from neighboring cities
This QR Code contains information on the Location and Climate page