Apr 30(Sat) ~ May 8(Sun) 9Days
This festival is the best festival according to the Ministry of Culture, Athletics and Tourism. Chatsabal refers to the tea bowl used in tea ceremonies. Having tea is one of the best ways to achieve self-control. The tea bowl itself represents our inner life.Go to Homepage
- The name of the festival : 2016 Mungyeong Traditional Tea Bowl Festival
- Theme : 「A day of a Sagijang(Ceramic making master) who lights fire in Mangdaengi Kiln」
- When : Every year in autumn
- Where : Mungyeong Saejae the open film set
- Host : Mungyeong-si
- Organizer : Mungyeong Traditional Tea Bowl Festival Committee
(Mungyeong Festival Tourism Organization [endowment foundation])
- Sponsor : Ministry of Culture, Athletics and Tourism(more sponsors added each year)
Mungyeong has a rich history, a convenient traffic system, and abundant firewood. It is the best tea bowl producing place because of high quality sandy soil with wide limestone deposits. The fact that 40 kiln sites use traditional firewood kilns is what earns our festival its proud reputation.
Also this city's cultural infrastructure is formed by the Mungyeong Ceramic Museum, Sagijang Apprenticeship Hall, Docheon Ceramic Art Museum, and more than 200 kiln sites, eliciting deep appreciation for our tradition.
This QR Code contains information on the Mungyeong Traditional Tea Bowl Festival page